Spring is a time for new beginnings, cleaning and organization around the house. If you are ready to tackle this monumental chore, check out these six tips. If you are so tidy and organized throughout the year that spring cleaning isn't a big chore for you, keep it to yourself. Unless you want your friends and neighbors to be jealous.
- Take it one room at a time. Deciding to clean or organize your entire home can quickly get overwhelming. If you focus on just one room then move to another when you are finished.
- Follow the six-month rule. If you haven't used something in six months (unless they are seasonal items) it is a good idea to consider throwing it away or donating it.
- Don't forget the kitchen. Your kitchen likely has things that haven't been used in some time, including food in the fridge and freezer. Give your appliances a thorough cleaning and get rid of anything you won't be eating.
- Set yourself up for success. Paper clutter is something we all could probably cut back on easily. Set up a few recycling bins throughout your home gives you a convenient alternative to just setting old magazines or paperwork down somewhere and watching that pile grow.
- Make some money! A spring cleaning garage sale is a tradition for many homeowners and it can be a great way to bring in some extra income. It's a win-win situation - you get rid of stuff you don't need anymore and someone pays you for it!
- Stay safe. When you clean your home remember the physical risks involved. Lift with your legs, not with your back. Avoid prolonged repetitive motions. Use ladders, lawnmowers and other tools with caution.
Frimark/Keller & Associates is a full serviced Trusted Choice Insurance Agency. We have protected the residents and businesses of Schaumburg and Park Ridge since 1910. We offer a full array of personal insurance, business insurance and life insurance products. Call us at 847-907-4520!