Winter is here and with it comes many traditions and activities: Holiday celebrations with love ones, skiing and snowboarding, fireplace-lit living rooms, homemade batches of soup....and of course shoveling snow.
Should you live somewhere in Illinois, when snow storms hit and your driveway and walkways are covered with the cold white stuff, you might want to just stay inside. But if your work and personal commitments make that impossible, you'll need to first dig out the snow shovel - or make sure it's handy before the snow flies!
For many of us across Illinois, snow shoveling will be both a reality and necessity this winter. At Frimark/Keller & Associates, we want to ensure your efforts will get you on your way while also keeping you safe, so here are some snow-shoveling tips offered by the Boston Herald.
- Warm-up! Never jump right into an activity. Start by cleaning off your car.
- Place your hands a good distance apart on the shovel - it helps with leverage.
- Never bend at your waist.
- Push the snow when you can.
- Scoop smaller loads of snow.
- Use your legs, core and arms to help scoop and throw snow.
- Always step in the direction you throw snow to avoid excessive twisting on your lower back.
If snow shoveling is on your winter task list, we at Frimark/Keller & Associates wish you both a clear sidewalk and a healthy body.
Frimark/Keller & Associates is a full serviced Trusted Choice Insurance Agency. We have protected the residents and businesses of Schaumburg and Park Ridge since 1910. We offer a full array of personal insurance, business insurance, and life insurance products.