Fireworks injure more than 9,000 people each year. Safety and common sense will lower that number.
Did you know that sparklers burn up to 2000º (F) and glass melts at 900º (F). Think about what they would do to your hand.
Please follow these simple rules in the backyard on this holiday weekend.
- Always have adult supervision.
- Be sure to follow all instructions on the label and packaging
- Light fireworks from the side. Never stand over fireworks
- Don't re-light or pick up fireworks
- Keep fireworks pointed away from people or buildings.
- Always have a bucket of water or a garden hose handy.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in containers.
All of us here at Frimark/Keller & Associates would like to wish everyone a safe and healthy 4th of July weekend.