What is a Builders Risk Policy?

Builders Risk is an insurance policy that covers RESIDENTIAL and COMMERCIAL structures while they are under construction or being remodeled or renovated. Covered building components include foundations, fixtures, machinery, equipment used to service the building, building materials and supplies, and debris removal in the event of a loss. The policy may not include land, landscaping, satellites or antennas, construction materials in transit, scaffolding, construction trailers, theft of materials from the job site and signs that are not attached to the building. However, it may be possible to obtain additional coverage for things not included in the standard policy.

An individual can purchase a Builders Risk policy as well as a building contractor.

A builder's risk insurance policy can cover a number of items including:

  • Insurance protection for Building Materials from theft
  • Insurance protection for Building Materials while in transit
  • Reporting Form and Single Structure Policies
  • Covers Building Materials after installed
  • Coverage from windstorm available
  • Coverage for earthquake available
  • Insurance protection for losses due to laws
  • Insurance protection for losses due to ordinances
  • 6 month, 9 month and 12 month policies available

The Builders Risk policy is usually rated on the completed value of the home.

If you are unsure if you need a Builders Risk policy or some other kind of policy, don't hesitate to give the Frimark/Keller & Associates team a call. We will work with you to make sure you are properly covered. 


Got something to say? Join the discussion »

Leave a Reply

 [Quick Submit with Ctrl+Enter]

Remember my details
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

We want to protect what matters most to you.

Call us at 847-907-4520 for immediate assistance or get a quote online to find out how we can get you protected.