Fall means the air gets cooler, the leaves change color and football season is in full swing. Part of the fun of going to college or professional football game is packing up the grill, loading the cooler and tailgating with all the other fans for your favorite team (Chicago Bears of course).
It does not matter if your tailgate serves as a chance to grill some burgers and hot dogs or just to enjoy a cold beverage, it serves as a perfect pre-game tradition. Frimark/Keller & Associates has some tailgating safety tips to keep your family and friends safe while you all are getting ready for the big game.
Tailgate Party Tips
In some places tailgating is an art form. For example, on Sunday morning in Chicago, you will find more than two-thirds of Bears fans spend four hours tailgating before the game. This artform includes picking the right vehicle, having a set of “bags”, and stocking up on the all the food and drink. Here are a few things to remember besides the food and drink choices:
- Have enough ice in your cooler, especially if you are bringing raw or uncooked meat. It’s important to keep meat cold before cooking to prevent food poisoning.
- If you are using a charcoal grill, make sure to cool the coals properly before putting them in a coal can. Also, be sure the grill is cool before putting it back in your car.
- When you are cleaning up your tailgate, throw away any food that will spoil. Leftovers may be tempting after the game, but they could be dangerous.
- If any of your guests have been drinking alcohol, make sure they do not get behind the wheel. They may think they are sober after the exhilaration of the game, but it’s better to safe than sorry.
- Be sure to check your surroundings when leaving your parking spot.
Keys For Hosting a Great Tailgate Party
The key to any great party is food, so why would a tailgate party be any different. Whether you bring pizzas or grill burgers, hot dogs or brats, make sure you have plenty of food to enjoy. And don’t forget the drinks. If you are serving alcohol, please make sure your guests are being responsible in how much they drink. Be sure to have non-alcoholic beverages as well for your guests that are not drinking. Don’t forget to bring your favorite tunes and a football to toss around. The final key to making your party a success is being safe. If you are smart and follow the tips above, you and your guests will be healthy and safe before, during and after the game.
Frimark/Keller & Associates want to make sure drivers are safe on the road. See how much you could save by switching to Frimark/Keller today by getting a free, no-obligation car insurance quote. We work with multiple insurance carriers to get you the best price. Click here or give us a call today at 847-907-4520.