Renting is more than just a monthly payment. Here are a few things to consider before you sign on the dotted line.
- Make sure you understand your lease. Be sure to know exactly what you are and are not responsible for.
- If you think you might have to move before your lease is up, make sure you know the terms or costs related to breaking your lease.
- Make sure to ask about any additional fees for pets, parking, use of fitness center, etc.
- Document any damage to the apartment before you move in so you are not charged.
- Check and make sure you are able to personalize your apartment with new paint or curtains.
- If something doesn’t work properly (i.e. electrical or plumbing), what promises does your landlord have for getting them promptly fixed.
Questions To Ask:
- Who is responsible for cutting the grass and snow removal?
- If your rental is damaged by a storm or fire, are you responsible for the damage repair?
- Are you fully protected? Landlords typically only have insurance on their property – not yours. Renters insurance is an affordable way to protect the important items in your life.
Frimark/Keller & Associates is a full service Trusted Choice Insurance Agency. We have protected the residents and businesses of Schaumburg and Park Ridge since 1910. We offer a full array of personal insurance, business insurance and life insurance products. Call us at 847-907-4520.