An unexpected car accident can leave you a little scattered. We wanted to remind you of 12-steps to help make the moments after an accident a little less stressful.
- Get help for injured.
- Call police. Remain at scene of accident.
- Warn oncoming traffic. Set hard lights/flares.
- Try and remain calm.
- Do not admit fault.
- Call insurance company. Your insurance company will ask questions about the accident and begin the claim process immediately.
- Exchange names, address, phone numbers, make of vehicles, license numbers, What To Do In An Auto Accident and insurance company/policy number information with all drivers.
- Get names, addresses, and phone numbers of all passengers and witnesses.
- Sketch accident
- Examine and record damage to other vehicle and property. Take pictures if you have a camera.
- Do not discuss the accident. Only answer questions asked by police and your claim representative.
- Do not sign any documents unless you are asked to by police or your claim representative
As always you can contact your insurance professional at Frimark/Keller & Associates to help you file your claim.